Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have to report my shipment to Customs and Boarder Protection?

Customs and Boarder Protection (CBP) is a federal agency whose responsibility is to avert illegal products from entering the country, in addition to collecting dues on legal imports. Due to this, products are not admitted into the country without the permission of the CBP, thus making it mandatory to report your shipments.

What is a Power of Attorney?

Power of attorney is a document that allows customs brokers to operate as an agent for a purchaser or owner of imported products. We require a power of attorney to act as your custom broker.

Why do I need a Customs Bond?

A Customs Bond is an insurance policy that covers the payment of dues and taxes owed to the CBP regarding an imported shipment. Any import with a value over $2,500 requires a Customs Bond, which can either be purchased by single entry or continuously. We can assist you in deciding which method works best for you.

What Documents are required by the CBP?
  • Bill of Lading
  • Commercial Invoice
  • Packing List

Additional documents are dependent on the type of product and country of origin.

Is it possible that my shipments may be subjected to government agencies?

Depending on the type of products you’re importing, your shipments may be subjected to other government agencies. We will serve as your representative, as we analyze your shipments to ensure that it is up to regulation with other agencies.

What does Reasonable Care entail?

Reasonable Care is a general concept of voluntary complying with custom laws. We can assist you in looking over your organization’s compliance practices to ensure that you’re utilizing reasonable care.

Any Further Questions?

Feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have regarding the delivery of your shipments.